COUNTRY SCHOOL, COUNTRY KIDS

COUNTRY SCHOOL, COUNTRY KIDS
We are an amazing bunch of Year 1 and 2 learners in Room One at Tokomaru School. We'd love to hear from you so please leave a comment about our learning.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Stuart Hale Digital Photography Workshop

I am at a Digital Photography Workshop today learning more about how to get the most out of taking photos with a digital camera - no more just leaving the camera on auto and snapping a photo! I will update throughout the day to show you all what is happening!
We are learning about how to get a photo of something to make the background subject clear and the foreground blurry.
My before photo:

After photo:
'Alphabet Activity' - taking photos of things around us that look like letters or numbers. What letter is this? Mrs B's self portrait using the camera timer (I'm not holding the camera here, although it does look like I am!)
In this photo we were learning about how to get the foreground in focus and the background blurred. Bendo says hi:

8 comments:

  1. What else do learn to do at the workshop?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bendo can you turn your arm around beside
    your neck for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bailie, I learnt about taking photos from different perspectives. For example, looking at something from the point of view of an ant, or a giraffe. It was very interesting, and I look forward to sharing more ideas with our class next term!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gianlucca, Unfortunately Bendo is not available for comment, but he did enjoy posing for this photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What other letters did you take a picture of Mrs B?

    ReplyDelete
  6. it looks like you had fun at the shop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Bailie, I took photos of an 'x', an 'o' and a 'z', although the 'z' didn't come out as well as I would have liked!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tara, it was definitely a great workshop. Not as fun as clothes and shoe shopping though!

    ReplyDelete