COUNTRY SCHOOL, COUNTRY KIDS

COUNTRY SCHOOL, COUNTRY KIDS
We are an amazing bunch of Year 1 and 2 learners in Room One at Tokomaru School. We'd love to hear from you so please leave a comment about our learning.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Last Assembly for the Term

Tomorrow we are having our end of term assembly. We will have Pupil of the Term, class awards, welcomes for new students, songs to sing, three dance performances, and birthday celebrations. We look forward to sharing all this with our community!

Keep an eye out on the blog over the next few days for photos and video of the performances.

Check out the video of the Junior Dance Group dancing to 'Rock Your Body':


Cheymani accepts the iMove trophy that we won for having the most students involved in walking, cycling, and scooting to school. This is the second time we have won this award for our super active effort. Thanks to Manawatu Stu for coming along! We look forward to taking part again in Term 4.

9 comments:

  1. For the last Assembly I am so nervous for my
    dance. I woke up so early and I was jumping around the place. You sould come to our assembly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked doing my dance at assembly. It was cool that we won the i-move trophy. Thankyou everyone for coming to our last assembly for the term

    ReplyDelete
  3. On Friday it was the last assembly for the term and I got pupil of the term. It was my first trophy and I was so proud of myself.
    Annabelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a very good assembly and when I did my dance I was very nervous.I had fun so did my Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once upon a time there lived a dog called Simon and his owners were called Sammy and Cristal, they were very nice. One day Cristal was going to have a baby girl. When Cristal and Sammy found out they were very excited, the first person they told was Cristal’s Mum, Grace. On Friday the 1’st she came over from Australia to stay for one week and that’s long for her.
    When the baby was born Cristal and Sammy called her Madison. She had blue eyes like the shiny deep blue sea. When she was born she was covered in blood. No one knew except for Cristal’s Mum. As the year went by it finally came Madison’s 1’st birthday and on her birthday something bad happened to Madison, she got bitten by Simon on her leg. It was a very sad birthday for Madison. Everyone felt sorry for Madison, but only the people that knew of course.

    One week later Madison got out of hospital and she had 12 stitches on her leg. Cristal and Sammy had to take Simon to the pound, Cristal and Sammy were very sad. One day Sammy’s Dad brought a new puppy but Simon was a big dog but Sammy’s Dad brought a puppy and they called him Johnny joy because he was very fun to play with.

    When it was Johnny joys 5’Th birthday party he got a ball, some biscuit’s and a big bone. Johnny joy loved his presents that he got from Grace, Cristal and Sammy. And they lived happily ever after.



    I WROTE THIS STORY TODAY MRS BISMARK

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thaught that the the junior dance was very cool. Just wondering if you have videos of the senior and intermediate dances? because My family and I would like to see them

    From Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear that you all enjoyed the last assembly. It was great to see all your hard work pay off as you performed on stage. Well done!

    Tara, I am so glad to see you writing in your time. I hope this is the first of many published stories on our blog. I think I might have to see if I can set up a special publishing link on the sidebar...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kayla, yes I did record all the dances, so when we get back to school we can watch them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear iMove,

    Next time I will do iMove so we get 100%

    From Gianlucca

    ReplyDelete