COUNTRY SCHOOL, COUNTRY KIDS

COUNTRY SCHOOL, COUNTRY KIDS
We are an amazing bunch of Year 1 and 2 learners in Room One at Tokomaru School. We'd love to hear from you so please leave a comment about our learning.

Friday, June 7, 2013

Tokomaru School Cross Country 2013


Cross Country Day
I’m all pumped up! Ready here right now! Now it’s the time, the moment.  I spring off. Wow! I’m doing it. I started to concentrate on my feet. What? Wow, I’m starting to lose my balance.  Oh man! I have gone back a bit. The people in the front went ahead of me.  I should catch up. But of course I did catch up but I’m still behind a little bit. I kept up my pace around the corner as people were cheering for me, Henry and Josh. I got a little bit further and further ahead then I slowed down. “I better catch up so this can be over and done with”.  So we headed over to the Stevensons farm, down the rail way track. “Zoom, zoom, get out of my way, let’s go, go, go” I yelled to myself.  Speeding past people round the corner. Whoa, what’s wrong with my legs?  They’re starting to wobble but somehow they get me up the slope. Look it’s the finish line! It’s like its destiny; it’s like I can almost leap over the line!  Everyone says well done.  I’m lying down, puffing with exhaustion.  I am so proud of myself for finishing the race.
Tyler S

2 comments:

  1. HI this recount is very cool and has alot of enthusiasm in it i cant wait untill my cross country!!!
    melville intermediate
    room 5
    Daniel and Levi

    ReplyDelete