COUNTRY SCHOOL, COUNTRY KIDS

COUNTRY SCHOOL, COUNTRY KIDS
We are an amazing bunch of Year 1 and 2 learners in Room One at Tokomaru School. We'd love to hear from you so please leave a comment about our learning.

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Henry's South Island Trip

Henry and his family made a trip down to the South Island.  Here is what he said about his trip:

"We went to our friend's house.  He has a big farm.  We drove to our uncle's and we found stones on the driveway.  We went to the greenstone shop and there was a big greenstone on display.  Shantytown is an olden day town where they used to do gold mining.  I found some little bits of gold in my pan.  There were some big mines but most of them are blocked up now.  Then we went to Chinatown and there were lots of little beds stacked upwards.  Lots of Chinese people came to do gold mining from China.  When we were coming back home we saw lots of snow on the mountains.  The temperature on the car thermometer was 0 degrees!
This is me in Shantytown.
I am shaking the bowl to get the gold to sink to the bottom so I can get the gold at the end.
Annabelle and I taking a funny photo.
This is the headlock where you got head locked in the olden days  if you  were naughty.

2 comments:

  1. Henry
    That sounds like you had a great trip. I really like the recount that you wrote you managed to cover quite a lot in the space that you had. I hadn't heard of all the places that you had been to, so it was good that you wrote detail and included the pictures at the end. I also like how your last part of the writing, was probably the thing that helped me think about it the most, which was that it (the temperature) was zero degrees when you were driving back. Thats pretty cold.
    Mr Webb and Room Five, Melville Intermediate, Hamilton, Waikato. melvilleroom8.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mrs Mel B's Class.
    I think your blog is very cute and adorable.

    ReplyDelete