COUNTRY SCHOOL, COUNTRY KIDS

COUNTRY SCHOOL, COUNTRY KIDS
We are an amazing bunch of Year 1 and 2 learners in Room One at Tokomaru School. We'd love to hear from you so please leave a comment about our learning.

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Tuatara needs a name!

We are sending a tuatara to Room 2E at Yugumbir State School in Australia. Their school is just outside Brisbane. They got in touch with us via our blog, and we are looking forward to exchanging messages and photos with them.

We had a class vote on what we thought would best represent New Zealand to another country, and the tuatara was voted for by nearly the whole class (the kiwi was second). Now we just need a name, so leave a comment with your name choice, and then we will have another class vote. I look forward to your ideas!

18 comments:

  1. I like the name Kakariki. It means to "be green", which goes well with the colour of the tuatara.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since it is going for its first visit to Australia I wonder if there is an Australian (Aborigine) word that translate to Dragon/Lizard? Perhaps Taniwha? from a New Zealand perspective?
    Mr Webb and Room 8, Melville Intermediate School, Hamilton, Waikato.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi mrs bismark I think the tuatara name should be caled tuaitari our beto mikah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi mrs bismark,
    I think the tuatara's name should be Tara like the Tara in our class.
    It would be spectacular.
    Or it could be like the tua in tuatara.
    That would also be brilliant.
    Well that's what I think.

    Meghana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it should be called Duke.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it should be called Little Tuatara bacause it is a tuatara.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it should be called Spiderman.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow,what a cool tuatara.

    I reckon we should name it Tara because tuatara has the name Tara in it.I think it should be a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would like to call it Tara because it is a cool name. It goes like tuatara.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thik we should call the tuatara Tua because it is close to the name Tuatara.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thnk it should be called Larry bacause I like that name.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool tuatara! I think the name could be Xavier.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think thet we should name the tuatara
    Bart bacause I like the name.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would like the name Tara because it
    is a good name.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think that we should call it Spike because it has pointy things on its back.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the name Roxy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for all the name suggestions. Keep them coming for one more day, and we will have the vote tomorrow so we can post everything in the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Miss Forman here
    I like the name Taratara, which in Maori translates to Spike.

    ReplyDelete